Heirloom Shards are a new currency in Apex Legends that let players purchase the “most expensive” cosmetics in the store. These shard can also be acquired through all three seasons of crafting, which is what you’ll spend them on.
To get Heirloom Shards Players must complete at least one full day of Orders from either Daily Heirlooms or Regular Orders. The more days you play, the higher the chance of eventually getting some Heirloom Shards on your Daily Rewards screen.
Heirloom Shards can also be obtained through all three seasons of crafting. Crafting is one time use only and requires that you spend Crafting Metals to purchase Apex Packs containing items with random rarities. Using Crafting Metals to purchase Apex Packs will give you a chance of getting Heirloom Shards back in your Daily Rewards screen, handing players three ways to get their hands on them:
Heirloom Shard Details
Purchasing Heirlooms is not part of the Free Pass, which is Apex Legends version of Fortnite Battle Pass. Players can purchase the “most expensive” cosmetics, like skins and banners, which cost 3000 Heirloom Shards each.
Heirlooms do not provide any XP or Level benefits; they are purely cosmetic purchases for players to make with their Heirloom Shards. By purchasing Heirlooms you get access to them in your Legends Collection menu. They are not “locked” to a specific Legend, which means you can equip them on any Legend of your choice.
Also note that Heirloom Shards are shared across all three Season to date, meaning players will have no trouble buying multiple Heirlooms with their earned Heirloom Shards during the season and carry them forward to the next season’s rewards.
The Heirlooms tab is displayed in the Apex Legends store. Players can purchase cosmetics with Heirloom Shards, which are earned through Daily Rewards and Crafting.
Heirlooms will be available for players to spend their Heirloom Shards on after they complete at least one full day of Orders from either Daily Heirlooms or Regular Orders.
How to get free heirloom shards
As stated earlier, Heirloom Shards can also be obtained through all three seasons of crafting. Crafting is one time use only and requires that you spend Crafting Metals to purchase Apex Packs containing items with random rarities. Using Crafting Metals to purchase Apex Packs will give you a chance of getting Heirloom Shards back in your Daily Rewards screen, handing players three ways to get their hands on them:
We recommend you try this method if you really want Heirloom Shards before spending your Crafting Metals. Here’s how it works in short steps:
- Open the Apex Legends game and navigate to “Store”.
- From Store, go to “Cosmetics” tab and buy an Heirloom of your choice.
- Once you’ve completed the purchase, go to “Apex Packs”.
- Click on “Purchase with Crafting Metals”, which will take you to Crafting menu where Apex Packs are sold for 95 Crafting Metals each.
- Click on an Apex Pack to open it, revealing an array of items that could be inside.
- You’ll notice that there’s also a rare chance for you to get Heirloom Shard back from the Apex Pack you purchased.
- If you don’t get the Heirloom Shards on your first pack, immediately refresh the Crafting menu by going to Store -> Crafting and buying another Apex Pack.
- Keep refreshing the Crafting menu until you get your Heirloom Shards from an Apex Pack, which you can then spend on whatever cosmetics you want in the Heirlooms tab of the “Store”.
Whether you want to get Heirloom Shards in Apex Legends before spending your Crafting Metals or simply wait until the Free Pass ends (on March 25th, 2019), this article should help give you an idea of what to expect when it comes to how long it takes for players to unlock their favorite Heirlooms.